Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Providence ~ Dreaming of a White Christmas

MUSAP loves seeing musicals

MUSAP and I spent the night in Providence, Rhode Island. When I started these adventures I had the name MUSAP (thank you Jon for helping me decide on that) but I didn't have the butterfly! So this is the first MUSAP post from Rhode Island with pix of my traveling companion.

Sean after the show

The inspiration for this quick adventure was Irving Berlin's White Christmas at the Providence Performing Arts Center. This is the 4th year that Sean has toured with the show. I have now seen him tap & sing in Patchogue Village, NY, at Westchester Broadway Theater in Elmsford, NY, in Cleveland, Ohio, at the Wang in Boston, and now in Providence. It's become a Christmas tradition for me.

Snow, snow, snow
Despite the warmer than usual December weather it was 'snowing' outside the theater.

MUSAP was in awe of Santa

Santa was outside the theater too! My sister, Deborah, came to see the show so she was able to take this Santa photo. She started to say 'It's too bad you don't have MUSAP with you...' as I was pulling him out of my pocket.

Tony and Bobbi happened to be sitting in the row in front of me.

Rather than drive home after the show I decided I would stay at a hotel near by. That meant I got to go out for food with Sean, Tony, his mom, and some of his family after the show.

beautiful clouds

The warm weather continued and I was able to get outside with my camera the next day. Sean sent me a text letting me know he was going to be back on stage that afternoon (he's swing ~ understudy) so I went to the theater and got a rush ticket to see the show again. It's a happy story and it makes me smile.

MUSAP back at Providence Performing Arts Center

The theater is beautiful so I was happy to be back inside and get some photos.

beautifully restored theater

CLICK here for more photos.

Merry Christmas

December 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment