Wednesday, September 24, 2014

New York ~ Long Island

My next stop was Long Island, New York ~ I wanted to see Sean Quinn in 42nd Street and spend some time with family on the North Fork.


MUSAP and rosa rugosa
Driving through NYC was a beast as expected, but I got to Gateway Playhouse in Bellport in time for the show. Phil and Jenny joined me at the theater and they arrived just before the show started.


with Sean after 42nd Street


Then I spent 2 days/nights in Laurel, NY visiting with Phil and Jenny.


Phil & Jenny


I got to see the house that Phil has been flipping. I had seen it months ago when he hadn’t really started working on it. Now almost everything was new - walls, floors, windows. He still had a lot of work to do - and he was planning to move into the house for the summer.


the Westphalia house


We spent some time at Winemaker Studio on Peconic Lane. It’ s my nephew Anthony’s tasting room. His wife Sarah started Provisions and Ingredients right next door.


Winemaker Studio and Provisions & Ingredients


Of course I was happy to spend some time with my grand nephew, Leo.

Sarah, Leo, and Tony


Phil and I enjoyed a walk on the beach by his house before it was time for me to head back to Massachusetts to get ready for my next trip.


walking back to the house on the beach




at Westphalia


I was surprised and happy with my special present from Phil! He created this beach glass window for me using beach glass from the collection I saved when we sold the Duxbury house. I love it!

my beach glass window

May 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment