Saturday, August 17, 2013

2nd stop - New Hampshire

This post is over due, but I am still getting used to this adventure and deciding how to best chronicle my visits to the states.




Last week I made a day trip to Alton, New Hampshire. The Wells family has a little house on Lake Winnipesaukee and it was my sister-in-law Susie’s week at the lake. Jason was there too, along with her 3 dogs. Cousin Wendy and her husband Steve came down from Vermont to spend some time there too.




The weather was windy and there were white caps on the lake. That meant no swimming or boating for any of us on the day that I was there.





It was a nice day to go out with our cameras so the ladies went for a lovely walk in the woods. Wendy and Susie so it was fun to stroll and see what caught our attention.



When the boys were little they loved going up to play around the frog pond. It's man made and hasn't been cleaned out in years!

There were lots of interesting looking mushrooms.


Wendy and I traded cameras lenses so I could try her 55-300mm lens. I ordered one for myself as soon as I got home - love it.



Being in Alton brings back memories of when the boys were young and there would be family gatherings at the lake house. Good times and crazy times. Happy times and some strange memories. There used to always be a line up of colorful windsocks blowing in the breeze ~ on this visit there was only one. The property is for sale and having just gone through the process of selling a family home I know it’s not easy and I know not everyone is going to be in agreement. Change is hard... change is good.


It is a beautiful and peaceful place ~ but I bet I will find more beautiful and peaceful places in my travels. Time to make new memories.


CLICK HERE to see the rest of the photos posted on Flickr.



No comments:

Post a Comment