Saturday, August 17, 2013

3rd Stop - New York

New York ~ not the Big Apple, but the North Fork of Long Island.



This was another trip inspired by family. Last Sunday I headed to Long Island for a baby shower for Tony and Sarah. They had the shower at Rafael Vineyard & Winery in Peconic, NY. Tony is their winemaker. The 2 expectant grandmothers weren't able to attend so I had fun capturing the party in photos for them. The baby's nickname is Primo so the wine glasses were special party favors.


After the party we spent some time with Sarah's family at their Winemaker Studio in Peconic.


I got to spend time with Phil which is always fun. He lives and works on the North Fork flipping houses. I got to see a house that is almost ready to go on the market after all of his hard work and another house that will be his next project. It fits the description of fixer-upper. I hope I get to see it again after he has worked his magic.


On Monday I woke up to the sound of rain on the roof. That shifted my plans to go exploring with my camera and I enjoyed the hot tub overlooking the beach instead. When the rain let up I had a nice walk on the beach in front of the house where Phil is living in Mattituck.



That afternoon Phil took some time off from his work and we went to the Long Island Aquarium in Riverhead. I really enjoyed their butterfly exhibit - one of the best I've visited. Lots of photo opportunities.

Raining again the next morning when I took the ferry back across the Sound to New London.


CLICK HERE to see more photos posted on Flickr.




No comments:

Post a Comment